Skip to main content

Master Class

Thanks again to Brian Smith for inviting me to participate in his 
Master Class at his studio at King and Spadina. 

Complete a value study in reverse
The image on the left is the reverse value (darks where there is light, etc.) 
The right photo is reversed in photoshop. 
It was really difficult to switch your brain around.
Honestly I thought this exercise was pointless until Brian 
showed us on his cell the reverse picture :)

The next project was to incorporate random typography into your drawing.

Number 1
I started with a charcoal rendering with no idea of where my type was going to go. 
I thought that the reference to black and white and colour was clever...
I think it looks very Toulouse-Lautrec...

Number 2
I started with a charcoal rendering and completed a blind contour drawing over it. 
This created a really neat effect. I then glued the type on the top. 

We had 3 hours left.... everyone but me completed a portrait. 
I went nuts with colour....Again!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello everyone! I am no longer posting on this blog, and instead, I'm concentrating on my website;  www.nancylmoore.ca The site includes all my new paintings, the pieces which are available, the prices of each piece and any upcoming shows.  Please follow me on:  Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/moore_n/   Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/nancylmoore.ca/ Thank you for your continued support. Nancy L Moore

Back to figurative painting...

I don't know how artists concentrate on the same subjects exclusively.  I usually have at least 2 paintings on the go at any time totally unrelated to the other. At the moment, I have 5 paintings unfinished! I'm planning on revealing them at the Christmas Show this weekend, November 11th - 13th between 10am - 4pm, 5417 Country Rd #65 Life in Full Colour 30" x 15" Acrylic on Gallery Canvas 
I spent the weekend painting.... sounds lonely but I really enjoy it. Don't forget to comment on the pieces you prefer. I like positive feedback.... if its not positive then I don't want to hear it :) Kiddn' (not really, lol) This is the latest birch that I'm working on.  I have a few hours left... and a bottle of wine or so...